To live is to experience things, not sit around pondering the meaning of life.
– Paulo Coelho, Aleph
The voyage has just begun and the final destination still unknown.
⦿ Koenji, Tokyo, Japan
⦾ Collage Park, MD, USA
⦾ Nashville, TN, USA
⦾ Toronto, Ontario, USA
⦾ Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
⦿ Brooklyn, NY, USA
- SakeBrooklyn2016-PresentPremium sake should be fun and exciting. SakeBrooklyn Brewing Co. was founded by two business school friends to bring the true Japanese sake culture to the US.
- Sake South2013-2016Brewed traditionally, perfected locally. Sake South was a homebrew craft sake project started in Nashville, TN.
- Voyager of the Flattening World2012Scribble about my days in Chennai, India. This blog was a record of my voyage around the flattening world.
Cooking is meditation, eating is liberation, drinking is hydration
- Born in Tokyo in 1974. Shinobu (not Shinobi) means patience (and Shinobi means Ninja.)
- Started a professional career in the corporate admin for an Internet venture. Experienced booming and bursting of the dot-com bubble.
- Left Japan at the age of 30 in 2004 to attend a business school. Learned a lot about the business as well as American drinking culture, including but not limited to the keg stand.
- Worked for a multinational automotive manufacturer in the IT management for 10 years. Legacy migration, offshore development, global assignments, and lease cars for free.
- Now working for a start-up sake brewery.